For some time I've been feeling uneasy, stressed, fatigued and overwhelmed. I can't do it all (well duh Christina, you're just one person). What I've been experiencing is anxiety. I am very fortunate to finish uni and move from a once a week job to something a little more regular. However I wish I had the chance to take a break in between because I can't help but to feel like I 'm not doing my best at it. Sometimes I feel like my head isn't even screwed on the right way, added to the fact that I feel more forgetful than usual and I'm trying to juggle many responsibilities, I wonder what I should do. Naega michyeossdago!
PubMed Health journal also talks about Anxiety and the causes, of which having a new job is one... hence my distress. Along with a new job, stress from at home is making me feel rather unmotivated and indecisive, which is somewhat rare for me previously. I always have been very focused on what I wanted to do or have, so now, I'm not quite feeling myself. I've always had a plan for life (I love planning), sometimes flexible to suit what lemons life throws at me, but right now, I don't feel like making that lemonade.
In reading up on the subject I found some ways to help myself, but I don't fully believe I have an anxiety disorder, I could just be doing too much thinking. Either way, it wouldn't hurt to try a few right?
- Take breaks from work, balance fun activities with your family duties and your job. Schedule leisure time. (I've been saying I needed a break, although to others it seems ridiculous that I would)
- Get crafty with your hands or learn to play an instrument (I already can play a few).
- Eat a balanced diet, limiting caffeine and alcohol intake. ( I love coffee, but I only drink it once a day, it's my diet I need to work on)
- Find healthy ways to cope with stress.
- Think about the possible source of your stress and journal what is going on when you feel anxiety coming on.
- Confide in a trustworthy person. Talking it out can make you feel much better, sometimes that's all you need.
Are any of you readers feeling anxiety too? New school, relationship or job? What do you usually do to cope, I'd love to know.