1. Who is your celebrity crush (female and male)?
Since watching Mad Men, I've been gaga over Christina Hendricks. She's gorgeous, has a great shape, and her character in Mad Men makes me like her even more ... somehow. did I mention she's also a Christina like myself? Gotta love them right?
As for male, I have to go with Channing Tatum, as it has been for such a long time, but Randy Orton is a close 2nd though, especially since seeing him on WWE. (Sorry, Tyrell :P)
2. Who are your favorite fashion designers?
Am I like the only girl into beauty who doesn't really follow designers? I just happen to like certain styles and patterns of clothing, regardless of who makes it. If I absolutely had to name designers though, I'd say Vera Wang, Missoni and Nine West (though they're mostly accessories).
3. MAC or Sephora? And why?
Most likely Sephora, why? Wider selection, which also could equate to better prices. MAC is well-famed and all, but sometimes they just don't live up to the hype, a dozen collections in 1 year and lots of repeat colours could be both good and bad. At least at Sephora, I can choose from a variety of brands, collections and prices, each with their own caveats.
4. What’t the best book you’ve ever read?
The Hunger Games trilogy. Yup, for sure. Katniss started to be quite a loon midway through, but somehow I was able to overlook her and dig deep into the action of the books. It was intense and exciting.
5. If you were offered an all expenses paid trip to the destination of your choice, where would you go?
South Korea! I want to go there so badly!! Since I started watching Asian dramas, I have felt drawn to this country. I hope when I get there, it's as interesting as I'd imagined.
6. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
Can't Remember to Forget You by Shakira featuring Rihanna. Can't get over how awesome the beat is, despite the lyrics aren't something I can relate to at the moment.
7. What is your dream job?
If you read my post about being at a crossroad, you might have noticed that I'm still a bit indecisive on that. I know I want it to be in a scientific field and to do with food too. I'd like to be a food technologist or a nutritionist perhaps... It's surprisingly tough to decide between the two.
8. Why did you decide to create your blog?Originally I started blogging to express my life, similarly to another blogger I was following at the time. He used to post his excursions and lots of food pictures and great advice on living abroad. I started off thinking I'd be blogging about food or my outtings, but turns out my life isn't that exciting and I'm the type of person who goes out, takes pics and forgets to post them to my Facebook even. But as I had a budding YouTube channel (sadly dormant at the moment), I began to use my blog to post about the makeup I didn't mention on the channel. There's a lot to talk about and who's really going to watch such long videos right? Next thing I knew it I was posting here every week, hauling, reviewing, chatting about life experiences, the works.
9. What’s your greatest life accomplishment so far?Successfully completing my Bachelor's of Science degree in Chemistry with Biochemistry and still being pretty sane! That was a tough time in my life for various reasons, but I'm happy to say I've gotten through it. Now onto the next life goal!
10. Who are your favorite bloggers?The first names that pop into my head are xSparkage, FromHeadToToe, if we're talking about vloggers Bubzbeauty, Saaamage and itsjudytime. I have a bazillion favourites though, so these kinds of questions are hard for me.
11. What is you absolute favorite dish?I would cheat and say Macaroni pie, but what I love even more than that is, Sweet Potato pie orrrrr.... a HAM CUTTER! The latter are to die for and you only get it in lovely Barbados. It's one of the things I know I would miss when I leave my rock.
11 Random Things about Christina
- I'm a bit of a perfectionist... it's annoying even to me (haha)
- I worry too much.
- I'm not as girly as some people may think. (Imagine some guy thought I was the Valley girl type.. smh)
- I really miss making YouTube videos, so much I brainstorm videos, and admire people's backgrounds and editing techniques, research cameras and lighting.... It's like addiction withdrawal!
- I love animals, I especially LOVE CATS! I can't wait to move to a house where I can have like 3 of them, or more... hahah.
- I live for TV ads, like I can just watch those hilarious ads all day.
- Some slang in Barbados really annoys me, like no joke, some of these put together phrase just make no sense what so ever. It's just silly. Then people think I'm proper/"great" but who cares, your slang is dumb.
- I can speak Bajan fluently of course, but I rarely ever type it, even in friendly conversations.
- I like to stand in the makeup aisle and just stare and smile at everything. Just being around it makes me really happy. What especially makes me happy is to see Barbados opening up to more international brands.
- I would be a candle hoarder if there was an official BBW store in Barbados.
- I am very passionate. Once I'm interested in something, I will try my absolute hardest at it.
My Liebster Award Nominees(So hard to choose, I follow such amazing people)
My 11 Questions
- What was your inspiration to start blogging and what keeps you inspired?
- What is your biggest source of joy at current?
- How many siblings do you have?
- Stranded on a deserted island, what would be your essentials?
- What's your favourite ice cream flavour?
- What if the one thing you wish you could have most right now?
- How do you cope with sadness/disappointment?
- When it comes to makeup, do you save or splurge?
- Who is your blogger crush?
- Coffee, Tea or Hot chocolate?
- What do you normally do before writing a blog post?
The Rules of the Liebster Award1. Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer eleven questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give eleven random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate eleven blogs you think are worthy of the award (but they must have less than 200 followers).
5. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
6. Give them eleven questions to answer.
I'm sorry it took me so long to write this post, but thank you again for the nomination Janine!
Until next post....