I really like Coastal Scents eyeshadows, the prices are unbeatable for the quality you get. Definitely great for those pursuing professional makeup, without having to spend a small fortune to start up. Of course you can always upgrade and purchase more high-end professional makeup when you get better too.
All of these photos are taken without flash btw, and the colours are still beautiful! No primer was used either, so just imagine how much they would pop with a good primer. What's interesting is how buttery smooth the mattes are, it almost seems as if they're satins.
- Sandstorm- Satin neutral champagne e/s that would make for a pretty highlight.
- Mai Tai- Light mauve e/s with rose gold shimmer (camera just isn't doing it justice)
- Dark Chocolate- Deep taupe satin e/s with plum untertones
- Timeless Taupe- Taupe grey matte e/s with plum undertones
- Amaretto- Reddened brown shimmer e/s
- Barista- Medium warm brown matte e/s (great blending shade)
- Deep Roast- Deep warm brown matte e/s
- Burnished Brunette- Deep taupe satin e/s with cool undertones (despite the camera making it look a little warm. This is a strange colour to me, not quite brown but not grey either, hence I'm calling it a taupe.)
Dark Chocolate is said to be a dupe for MAC Satin Taupe
Amaretto is said to be a dupe for MAC Sable
Until next post...