I bought the original bottle of Elasta QP Design Silk from Diamond Girl (a local beauty store) for around $15 and after that I found them in Cherish and other supermarkets. Admittedly, I didn’t like this product at first. The spray was way too strong and felt like it sprayed out too much product. Not to mention the smell wasn’t floral, sweet or girly, but rather smelt like something you expect from a salon. It smelt like they didn’t bother to mask the chemical scent. It felt sticky and gunky in my hair when I sprayed it in, so I just didn’t like it.
But, because I desperately wanted it to work, I tried it again, on freshly washed hair and let it sink in, then roller set my hair. Woke up in the morning and unravelled, SUCCESS! My hair was silky, voluminous and bouncy too.
I use this with braid-outs and twist-outs too, and if I just want my hair to air-dry without frizziness as well as when I use my curling iron, though there is not a lot of silicones in this product to do such a great job at that. But, it helps my hair to hold styles for way longer than I’ve ever seen it do. Just recently I did a flexi-rod set and the curls lasted my for 4-5 days and my hair was still wavy for the next couple days before I washed it. The one thing I would say about this product is NOT to overdo it. Do not spray too much in one place, your hair will feel crunchy after it sets, although it may not look that way.
- Provides hold to hair
- Great for setting hair in rollers, twists, braids, corkscrews, etc
- Bouncy, lively results
- Silky, voluminous hair
- Curls last for days (once taken care of)
- Bottle lasts a long time
- Smell is not pleasant, but dissipates as the hair dries
- A lot of product sprays out at once
- Can feel tacky at first, but give some time to settle into hair, then it’ll feel a lot better.
- Overuse can lead to stiff hair
- Full name: Elasta QP Design Silk Thermal Styling Spray
- Volume: 8 fl. oz/ 237 mL
- Claims: Prevents heat damage; seals in moisture; gives hold, body & shine; Vitamin enriched; has Olive oil, Avocado oil, Coconut oil & Silk Protein.
- Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Polyquaternum-11, Pvp, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Biotin (Vitamin H), Linoleic Acid (Vitamin F), Persia Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, [Contains Vitamins Be,D,A,E,K And Potassium], Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethyl Celllulose, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Silk, Parfum (Fragrance), Citric Acid
The Raw Sugar:I’m just amazed by this product and would recommend it to anyone. Relaxed, natural, texturised or texlaxed hair, you name it. Elasta QP Design silk is just get for moulding styles, and a bottle of this stuff lasts well over 6 months too. I thought I’d never be able to get my hair to hold a curl longer than an hour. Now I can curl and go out and it’ll still look great during the day. you can touch and play with them even.
Where you can find it: Beauty supply stores, Supermarkets (Barbados); Amazon.com