After seeing the wand of this mascara, I knew I had to try it. I had recently been using the original Voluminous, but this was supposed to be more fantastic. I picked up this intriguing tube of mascara from Collins for $18.15BDS, which isn’t too bad. (I still wish Barbados had coupons for these things)The brush looks a little scary at first, but the promise is that it elongates the lashes, especially at the outer corners of the eye. For anyone who’s ever worn lashes, you know how amazing that makes your eyes look. So did it really give that fluttered look?
Starting off with what I like least about this mascara, the type of formula . It’s a very wet formula mascara and the smell is a bit strong, reminding me of plastic. But as you use it and it dries out a bit, the formula is even more workable. My preference is to a more mousse-dry formula, so it creates volume. I also find wetter formulations end up smearing all over my lid before they dry. I had the same problem with the Voluminous at first, but now I’m in love. The sleek shiny silver tube of the Butterfly mascara, makes it a product I’d want to show off.
|Brand new brush showing off the butterfly wings.|
Although this is the non-waterproof version, it’s stood up the the humidity of Barbados’ climate on these hot summer days, and it hardly flakes. I’d have to be rubbing my eye. I love how easy it is to take off this mascara. Something waterproof mascaras and I get away for. Just a makeup wipe or facial wash, and this glides right off.
- Pigmented formula
- Lasts all day (even in humidity)
- Looks like you’re wearing false lashes
- Brush holds the right amount of product
- Buildable formula
- Beautiful silver tube
- Smells strongly of plastic
- Very wet formula the first few uses, but improves with use
- Colour: Blackest Black
- Non-waterproof formula
- Volume: 0.22 fl oz. /6.7mL
- According to the packaging, the "new formula infused with 1.2mm fibers instantly coats the lashes with a soft and delicate veil for loner looking, silky feeling lashes with up to 6x the volume."
- Ingredients: Water, Parrafin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Bees Wax, Carnauba Wax, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethyl cellulose, Phenoxyethanol, PEG?PPG-17/18, Demithicone, Steareth-20, Phenyl Ethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydroenated Palm Oilm Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica, Disodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-10, Soluble Collagen, Panthenol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, [+/- May Contain Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides Ci 77007 / Ultramarines Mica Ci 75470 / Carmine Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide Ci 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide]
The Raw Sugar:For how easy to wear, and how lovely the Voluminous Butterfly makes my lashes look, I’d recommend this to anyone. It doesn’t flake off during wear but, is made quick work of with a makeup wipe or face wash. Easy peasy and fool-proof way to get that false lash effect with.
Where to find it: Collins, iMart, Supercentre (Barbados); Drugstores (USA), Amazon*
Disclaimer: This product was purchased with my money. Opinions are my own.
*Affiliate link embedded