Heck yah! I make an effort to wear this palette everyday to work because the shades are so flattering and easy to use. I’ve tried it with my fingers, brushes, with primer, without primer and I’ve always impressed by the results!
This palette consists of 12 unnamed eye shadows, ranging from matte, to satin, to shimmer shades. I feel this is a very universal palette as the colour selection goes from warm neutrals to cooler jewel-toned purples and a blue for a pop of colour. I was surprised by the neutral matte shades because they actually worked with my skin tone and did not come off chalky. Not even the palest beige shade. These colours are very velvetty!
On the upper right, there are 3 perfect shades for the crease or as a transition colour, depending on your skin tone. You can even use these as brow shades which I’ve done on occasion since 2 out of the 3 are matte. On the upper left, the light shades make for great highlight colours and are also matte, which I truly enjoy!
The bottom row is full of rich shimmers and satins that spice up any simple makeup look you may create with the top row. Making this one of the most affordable and versatile palettes for day-to- night wear.
Top Row (left to right):
- Warm beige (matte)
- Cappuccino brown (satin/matte) honestly I can’t tell, it’s that buttery.
- Golden brown (shimmer) Very fine shimmer unlike other shimmery colours.
- Warm medium brown (matte)
- Deep chocolate brown (matte)
- Dark brown with red shimmer (shimmer)
Bottom Row (left to right):
- Warm/Rose gold (shimmer)
- Dark coppery brown (shimmer)
- Blackened mauve with burgundy shimmer (shimmery) super buttery!
- Pale lilac (shimmer) not as great a colour payoff as with the other shades, looks kind of metallic
- Periwinkle (satin) I’m not huge fan of this shade, I think it’s a little too pale and cool-toned for me.
- Rich cobalt blue (satin) very pretty in the pan, but subtle on the lids.One would need to build up this colour.
- Was very affordable with all the specials BH Cosmetics had ( I got 2 for ~$15USD)
- Beautiful colour selection
- Buttery matte shades
- Universal shades (suitable for many skin tones)
- Great for subtle, or everyday makeup
- Easy to travel with ( since it’s about as long as my hand)
- Good, sturdy mirror
- No longer available on BH Cosmetics site
- Brighter colours have a variable colour payoff
- Black cardboard box with matte finish and magnetic closure.
- Gold lettering on the palette boldly stating the name of palette and other details. Also in the inside is a quote from Judy, Natural is beautiful, but makeup is glam”.
- 12 eye shadows, about the size of a 5-cent piece
- Total mass of product 8.1g/28 oz
- What BH Cosmetics says:
It's Judy Time eyeshadow palette is a gorgeous collection of 12 eyeshadows perfect for daytime or date night! Ranging from pretty neutrals to jewel tones of blue and purple this collection of colors, hand-picked by famed Beauty Guru ItsJudyTime, features satin, shimmer and matte finish eyeshadows.
- Talc, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Bismuth Oxychloride, Nylon-12, N-Lauroyl-L-Lysine, Kaolin, Magnesium Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain (+/-) Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007), FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake (CI 16035), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510)